Wake Forest University CrossPad Pilot Program - Training
- Parts included
- CrossPad (with 4 AAA installed)
- pen (with 1 AAAA installed)
- serial cable
- license agreement
- Parts included on some
- ink cartrige 5 x 50+ pages each
- orientation guide (electronic versions available for printout once InkManager
- empty notepad
- quick reference card
- accessory guide
- These items are NOT in your box
- use only v1.5 software on WFU Software Installation Menu. Do NOT
use v1.0 or v1.1. Your firmware has been updated
to v1.5 already for Y2K compliant and other bug fixes.
- Take notes - text, in lab, sketches etc.
- organize into notebooks with keyword, bookmark etc.
- save graphics for webpages
- some handwriting recognization
- number the pages
- out of sequence strokes
- not write hard enough
- heavy pen cap (CrossWriter II lighter and more balanced, available in 10
arat Gold and Quick Silver besides Matte Black)
- recognization requires training to be accurate
- doesn't "write" or "sign" directly within Microsoft Word
- no formula/superscript/subscript
- asynchronous (vs synchronious mode e.g. Calligraph on Clio)
- no "eraser"
- not PDA (personal digital assistant), no calendar, email, it is a PDN (portable
- not multilanguage yet
- not digitizer/tablet - not pressure sensitive
- no export to Illustrator, AutoCAD formats yet. (PS, TIF, JPEG, BMP only
in thumbnail view at this time)
- no color
- no IrDA, USB yet.
- no pen holder
- 2.2 lb, 14" x 9.8" x 0.75" for 8"x11" (vs CrossPad XP 1.5 lb,
11.875"x7.75"x0.875" holds 6"x9" paper )
Back to pilot program main page